1. Religion & Spirituality

Kelli Mahoney

God, I'm Angry with You!

By March 24, 2009

Okay, so we may not always say it that way, but many of us have experience some anger or frustration with God at some point in our lives. Hey, life is far from perfect, and sometimes we have to deal with tragedies or disappointments that we don't understand. Sometimes that leads us to blame God for the things that went wrong.

Yet, learning a bit from Job, David, and Jonah, we can see sometimes what anger with God can do. Job expressed his anger and listened with God reprimanded him. Jonah got swallowed by a whale, and eventually repented. David would get angry and eventually allow it to turn into trust and love. What all three characters tell us is that it's not okay to just be angry with God. We have to express to God what our feelings are and let Him provide us comfort and guidance.

Is it easy to do? Not always. Sometimes it just feels good that God listens, so we get over it. Sometimes it takes long periods of time in prayer and conversation with God. Yet holding a grudge against God only leads to distance between you and God, which can end up in us losing our faith completely.

Comments
March 25, 2009 at 9:16 pm
(1) Raida says:

I disagree. It is okay to be angry with God especially when he allows tragedy to happen. God can prevent tragedy, however, allows devastating calamities to happen to some Christians why shower of blessings on others. It’s unfair when he displays himself as a God who is not a respecter of persons, but protects some and not others. It is very hard watching other people experience all the Christian life has to offer, while some Christians are constantly in a storm, because God chose not to intervene.

March 26, 2009 at 9:17 pm
(2) KyeJ says:

I agree with you Kelli. And Raida, unfortunate things happen to everybody. And Christians have a worse time because we know there’s a God who could just say ‘STOP’, and things would stop. No one is in a storm all the time; it depends on how a person views a situation (positively or negatively). Jesus said my peace I give to you. Troubling times will come and go and come again. But when we have the true peace of Christ, we can bear the tough situations. Finding the peace in times of trouble is a task. It’s the reason we have to -seek- after God. Seek after him to grow closer and reach a new level; a level of new understanding and patience. It’s all absolutely true. Storms are what tell the difference between they strong and the weary. Hard times can be faith-growing times, or faith-killing times. Again, it all depends on how you view the situation, whether or not you realize the situation is meant to grow you, and aboveall else, how much faith you have in Christ to begin with.

July 17, 2009 at 2:44 am
(3) Mthelaw says:

God doesn’t cause bad things to happen, He’s not commanding tornados and hurricanes to kill thousands. In the same way He isn’t causing them, He isn’t stopping them. God created the world, then gave it to man. He tries not to intervene. The earth and man are imperfect, so disaster happens, and will always happen. If God wanted to he could end death forever. But He gave this world to us, Heaven is where there won’t be death, disaster, murder, sickness, tears. This life is just to prepare ourselves and the world for the next life. So enjoy it. Every day is a gift, and every day brings us one step closer to living in paradise with a Creator who loves us.

October 4, 2009 at 6:34 pm
(4) marc says:

I have to say that I agree with Raida, I think some people go through life with an abundance of blessings from God, yet others, it’s as if he sets out a programme of discapline for us and won’t let us have anything unless we pass the test. I’ve been a christian pretty much all my life and yet the God I’m coming to know seems to be full of rules and regulations and just wants to make sure that we are tested to our limits every five minutes, that he won’t let off unless we are taken to breaking point in everything we ask for. That to me is not a loving God but one who is determined to avenge the death of his son. Why didn’t he just kill us all off to begin with. I am now trying to walk the other way, away from him where I know I can be free from all his constant testing and discapline as I’ve had enough.

October 22, 2009 at 10:52 am
(5) Pat says:

Marc I can so relate to you. I am now finding myself at a cross road and am unsure of what path to take. I loved God so much, and I believed that he was so wonderful. Yet now I feel he has really let me down. He has hurt me so bad. One test after another and now I think it’s the case of the straw that broke the camels back. I’m really not sure what direction to go in. all I know is that I am so angry and hurt.

January 13, 2010 at 7:22 pm
(6) ballsdanglin says:

God punished Job just to prove a point to the devil so says the bible. If he knew the future he’d know that Job would still love him so why in hell would God do that? For kicks?

January 26, 2010 at 3:08 am
(7) ndog says:

god = satan. we’re all in hell.

February 25, 2010 at 11:35 pm
(8) seeker says:

hey, marc, pat an rhaida, i agree with you guys, i know that god is great, and everything and i use to love him so much,, but im tired of going through trials, me and my entire family,, and praying o god and not get any results.. and im tired of all the other christians who have experienced god’s blessings saying that, god has a plan and that he is testing my faith, and stuff,, i dont wanna be around god anymore, why the hell does every1 else get to experience his blessings,, and a christians most famous lines are that god is testing us is because he knows we are strong,,, i would like to ee them sing thar song if they, were ever in mt position.. and the thing about job,, i agree since god knows our hearts then he knows everything about us,, why did he have to proove anything to the devil, why would god have to stoop to the level of satan,, just to proove himself,,, i can doo without all that,,,,

March 3, 2010 at 6:09 pm
(9) ama says:

r guys sure dat wen u pray 2 God dat u actuali believe ur guna recieve a blessin or u problem will be solved. ur faith n ur walk wit christ will determine if ur life is always guna have problems. if u dnt believe he is guna help den ur wastin ur time prayin. da only reason ppl feel distance frm God or He is not dere is because u r either comittin sins conciously or unconciously. alot of christians have problems because they lead ‘wordly lives’ instead of readin da bible, meditatin, fastin etc.

March 4, 2010 at 9:52 pm
(10) Lala says:

I’ve never been a bad person. I help everyone who God sends my way. I have been a primary caretaker for all my family members who have been ill — i lost my job and career because I put their care first. I adopted an abused child. I feed the hungry and show compassion towards those less fortunate. I go to church and pray with faith. I had a big decision to make and asked God to help me make the right decision. I told him, if this is something that I am not supposed to do, then put an obstacle in my way so that I will not make a fool out of myself. He permitted me to go forward and I had made the wrong decision and was PUBLICLY humiliated. Why did he permit this to happen to me? The person who came out victorious abandoned his two children, left the church, is living in sin with a woman, has no respect for man’s laws or God’s laws and he is laughing at me. I’ve given up so much to serve God and do what I know he wants me to do and he does this to me? Something has died in me today and sadly, there is no consolation. There is no love. There will be no more prayers. There will be no more faith or hope. There is only humiliation, anguish, despair, and ultimately, death.

March 18, 2010 at 3:10 pm
(11) Sonia says:

Layla,

Remember the Bible story where a man had two sons. One of them took his inheritance and squnadered it while the other son stayed home, did the rights things, and remanined obedient. Well, after awhile the rebellious son hit rock bottom, and came back home with a repentant heart. The obedient son got mad b/c he had done the right things. The father consoled his son by saying he had been a good son. Do not grow weary in well doing, for you will receive your reward, if you faint not. I am not exactly in a good place myself, I am angry with God, but this came to mind. sometimes things can seem so unjust.

March 18, 2010 at 3:18 pm
(12) Sonia says:

Lala, this may be hard to hear, but it sounds like you believed that your righteous acts bound God to serve your needs in a certain way. You expected Him to work things out according to your plans instead of surrendering to Him come what may. This is a hard thing to learn, but just as Jesus was treated unjustly and was still in the will of God, so can we. It does not mean that God deserted you, it is hard to trust in His plan when things seem unjust, but just look what happened for all of us by the injustice that Jesus endured. Jesus did all the right things, but he still suffered injustice.

March 18, 2010 at 3:26 pm
(13) Sonia says:

What I am hearing and I am also guilty of this myself is that we are not dying to ourselves and being servants to God, come what may, but that we think God exists to serve us according to our idea of what He should do. The truth is we want God on our terms instead of His. I know this is true of me, and I pray to be as willing as Jesus to die to myself, instead of making a God of my emotions. Jesus said, “He who shares in my sufferings will also share in my glory”. Admittedly, I have just wanted God to give me the good life, and this on my terms. I have wanted God to serve me instead of the other way around. It’s no wonder I am disillusioned. This is why Jesus said, “He who would be my disciple must die to himself, take up his cross and follow me daily”. Carrying a heavy cross does not sound like a promise of a life of ease.

March 23, 2010 at 10:06 am
(14) charity says:

i believe that GOD allows us to go through difficult situations so He can build up our character. it might be really awful and senseless at the time but its quite amazing that after a while, it all comes together and we get a glimpse of GOD’S perfect plan for uor lives. GOD IS MORE SOVEREIGN THAN US AND HE KNOWS WHATS BEST. we are like teabags, our strenght is unleashed when we are in hot water…….

April 9, 2010 at 12:19 am
(15) Brian says:

God is a Big Boy; he does not need your protection! So instead of siding with God why don’t you side with the suffering person who is angry at God? Why doesn’t anyone have the guts to stand-up to God and side with the person who really needs the help, the angry one? Also, did you ever consider, just because you wish to kiss God’s feet does not mean that God wants His feet kissed!

June 15, 2010 at 11:36 pm
(16) john says:

I am starting to agree with alot of you guys. I have always tried to be loyal to God and try to do the things that he has asked of me. Though I am not perfect I have tried to be very faithful.
I am just getting very angry and frustraited with God for letting me languish as what I feel as a loser who has nothing going for him. All I ever asked God for was for good health, a decent job (didn’t have to be the best in the world) and a good woman. Aren’t those the things that God wants for us, to be fruitful and multiply? to be joyous? It seems everytime something like that happenes for me God takes it away and I am getting very tired of the cycle. Why can’t He just make something last. I pray so hard and God never seems to want to listen to me. I have become just uterly angry with Him like I have never been before. I am not happy with the way he made me, I am short and was born with Cystic Fibrosis that has made life very hard. I almost hate my life and want it to be over. I hate the fact that God will shower some people with every blessing and and will crap all over others. I’ve tried to not be angry and jealous but I can’t ignore it any longer. Why does God do these things?

July 15, 2010 at 12:14 am
(17) Jasmine says:

Sorry its easier said than done I’m on the verge of suicide and i need a scapegoat.

July 16, 2010 at 8:33 pm
(18) Ken says:

This is a very good article and conversation. I have been angry at God lately, because of some terrible heartache that recently entered my life.

A couple of things come to mind.

How can I witness to others and invite them to a life in Christ which promises “the fruits of the Spirit” – love, joy, peace, etc. – when I have such misery in my own life.

I should be thankful for these trials and tribulations, as Paul says in Romans 5:4 because they produce perseverence, strength of charactor, and ultimately hope.

I vented my anger at God and it was the first time I did so since I became really serious about serving Him. It felt somehow wrong, but in my extreme anger I didn’t care. In fact, I asked him to strike me dead and put me out of my misery.

The judgement came to mind, and in my anger I told God to strike me down, and I would come up there and judge him for all the things he has done or allowed to be done – like the victims of Priests who were sodomized as children, abused without mercy, denied justice by the Popes and the governments – and apparently God too, since he could have stopped it. Despite all the PR spin, the Priests, Pope, and the Churches assets are still being protected, and abusers are still enabled – so why does God’s justice slumber?

After some time had passed, and my anger subsided a little, a strange and beautiful thing happened. I was walking with my young son.

He got angry with me for forcing him to walk farther than he wanted to, even though he knew a “slushy” was the reward later on. He even lashed out at me a few times, striking me on the back, and he got sullen and despondant for part of the trip.

I was reminded of how as a baby he wanted me to carry him everywhere, and he cried when I forced him to walk. I felt terrible later, when doctors explained his medical condition, and I discovered it was much harder for him than a “normal” child. He has very elastic ligaments (commonly called double-jointed) and his muscles have to be extra strong for him to walk or run, since they also have to do some of the work normally accomplished by the bones and ligaments.

If I didn’t force him to walk, he would probally be in a wheelchair – now he plays relatively normally with his friends – although he’ll probally never be athletic.

It struck me, as he lashed out at me – that he didn’t understand why he was being forced to walk. That I love him and have his ultimate good at heart.

I got a measure comfort when I realized I was behaving just like my son and God was behaving like my Father. He knows things I do not know, and has reasons behind the things he does (or allows), that I don’t understand.

When my son get’s angry with me, I understand (just a little), of what it must be like to be God – raising all of his unruly children, who do not understand his ways, which are so high above ours and past searching out. Isaiah 55:9 – Romans 11:33

In my past life, such a heartache (as what struck me recently) might have led to to escapism – a binge of drinking and drugs to kill the pain – which would have created more problems. Certainly, harsh words would have been spoken, and valuable objects would have been broken – very likely I would have had a “meltdown” and attempted suicide.

However, somehow I am on the mend already – I feel closer to God than before, and the peace and joy is slowly returning. Perhaps my house is built on a rock afterall – a storm came and I’m still standing.

Perhaps God just wanted me to grow a little more – anyone can be a fair-weather Christian. It’s only at times of real distress that we are shaken out of our comfort zones, and examine things more deeply.

Like Job, I must confess that I don’t understand the big picture, and I must leave some things to God. Like my son, I have to learn to trust my Father, even when the going is tough, and I feel like “whacking him”.

I don’t have all the answers and that’s OK – I know the one who does. Although it’s sometimes difficult, I’m learning to trust him.

July 22, 2010 at 10:18 am
(19) Sarah says:

U know KEN I have been really angry at God myself lately- feeling unfairly treated but what u wrote has given me some wisdom and some peace. We just have to give into his loving discipline and know that it is all in our best interests in the end. Why are things the way they are? Who knows, but you just have to play the cards you have been dealt and be grateful for the few little blessings we do have because you just can’t give up.

August 5, 2010 at 6:22 pm
(20) jse says:

If you have faith to begin with you can NEVR lose your faith I am very angry at God because although I know he hears me he remains silent and does nothing I can visabley see.

August 18, 2010 at 9:33 am
(21) Greg says:

I am very angry with God. I lost my job after 8 years of employment. They didn’t lay off people they recently hired, no they laid me off. Where was God. When God says in the psalms that the pit they dug for me, they will fall into it, what happened? I did fall into it and where was God. It’s been a year now and I still don’t have work. I’ve lost just about everything I own. Why did God give me a job and a house, just to take it away from me anyway. He seems like a big indian giver!!! People tell me to read the book of Job. When I read it, I had more questiongs than before. I would God even entertain Satan’s accusations. What does God have to prove to Satan. It seem like Satan is God’g big Doberman Pincher and he has him on a leash. Every now and then, God sicks the dog on his children and lets him bite them and viciously attack them. What is that all about? You thank God today for a job and home only for him to take it away later. Why did I even bother to thank him? Some Christians walk through life from blessing to blessing. They are never sick, they have more than enough money, they are alway on a trip, or celebrating something. I walk from trial to trial and broke bank to broke bank. God says he is no respector of persons. I say Bull—- on that!

August 25, 2010 at 6:15 pm
(22) Val says:

“No one is in a storm all the time”, says one poster. Well, I’m here to disagree. I’ve been in a storm for 5.5 years and it’s only gotten worse with time. I’ve lost everything. There’s nothing left. My faith has been the last thing to go. I just don’t understand a God who won’t listen to prayer, who won’t intervene, who won’t let one small ray of sunshine into my life. One more brick wall and I’m done with this life. No lectures please — I’m way beyond listening.

September 7, 2010 at 12:58 pm
(23) Pam says:

I never thought I’d ever get to this point in my ‘faith’ but I did and I say it on WWW “I too am angry with God” @ Sonia, you say that Jesus suffered all these things and remained faithful (paraphrased) I put it to you that Jesus only had 3 years! he died and went to heaven and now is KING we have from birth till death to go through our trials and temptations! which for the puny men (in size and mind compared to god or the gods) we are seems like a lifetime of torture.

I don’t know what to think. I have been having these outrage and angry outbursts against God lately but I have come to believe that if he heard and chose not to answer me when I prayed will he now run to me cos I am angry?. Believe me when I believed in God, I could’ve almost been described as a fundamentalist lol but I now feel cheated. Either the pastors/teachers lied or there is sth else not being said about this whole religion and faith matter.

Our lives could never compare to christ’s first off, he didn’t live in a time of internet porn so he couldn’t have been tried in that, this is just me taking a dig at him.. I am just daring to get a response from the ‘Godhead’ whom I’m finding out are SOOO different from what the bible says – love, peace, joy in the Holy Ghost? I am yet to experience that for myself.

From one confused and angry ex-christian to another, try to find a way to not let this bother you anymore. I know i’ll try to get over it for sure!

September 15, 2010 at 2:58 pm
(24) matt says:

Look I was angry at God but me reading all of these negative things about God makes me realize that you who are turning your back on him were never christians you might have thought you were but no God gave us free will so the choices we make and the roads we take is all yp to us if you don’t like it blame yourself ( how your life turns out I mean ) I for one I’m going to apologize to God because I have no right to be mad at the person who created me and think people yes he test to see if ypu are loyal to him don’t hate or even be mad at God because for all those good memories you have that was God if God was out to get ypu then why did he waste his time making you right love God and he WILL LOVE YOU trust me its all around us

September 15, 2010 at 6:57 pm
(25) Alex says:

Let me give my apology to everyone here. I would be very surprised if I could say would help anyone or if I could even understand a part of the sorrow it sounds like many of you are going through.
But I’ve gone through my own time of hating God, for my own reasons. I just wanted to be free. I didn’t want to bother with life anymore. But I got through it. I’m not here to say that somehow I’m better than any of you. I’m not here to say that my life got so much better; it didn’t get that much better. I’m not here to say that your life won’t get better; I really hope it does. But for me, at least, I didn’t need my life to be better to find the peace promised in the bible. Because I don’t think the peace in the bible has all to do with having a great life. The bible says that the world we live in sucks. It says that right now Satan is persecuting us all. Why does God allow us to be persecuted? I won’t pretend to know for sure. But I hardly think it can be said that God sits by and just watches. He sent Jesus so that those who believe in Him may be free of Satans slavery in their heart. Nowhere does it say just pray to God for the stuff you want and you life will be perfect. I think that the gifts God gives are so much more important than that. Yes, some people have all kinds of good things in this life. But Jesus didn’t and neither did his followers, who were just as human as you or I. Who know why some people have it all, but what help does it give us to curse God for their good fortune? Some of us look at the suffering in impoverished nations and wonder “how does God allow this?” I know I always did. But the irony

September 15, 2010 at 7:13 pm
(26) Alex says:

But I’ve gone through my own time of hating God, for my own reasons. I just wanted to be free. I didn’t want to bother with life anymore. But I got through it. I’m not here to say that somehow I’m better than any of you. I’m not here to say that my life got so much better; it didn’t get that much better. I’m not here to say that your life won’t get better; I really hope it does. But for me, at least, I didn’t need my life to be better to find the peace promised in the bible. Because I don’t think the peace in the bible has all to do with having a great life. The bible says that the world we live in sucks. It says that right now Satan is persecuting us all. Why does God allow us to be persecuted? I won’t pretend to know for sure. But I hardly think it can be said that God sits by and just watches. He sent Jesus so that those who believe in Him may be free of Satans slavery in their heart.  Nowhere does it say just pray to God for the stuff you want and you life will be perfect. I think that the gifts God gives are so much more important than that. Yes, some people have all kinds of good things in this life. But Jesus didn’t and neither did his followers, who were just as human as you or I. Who know why some people have it all, but what help does it give us to curse God for their good fortune? Some of us look at the suffering in impoverished nations and wonder “how does God allow this?” I know I always did.   But the irony is that I’ve talked to some people from some of those countries, and you know what I discovered? Some of them feel completely blessed by God. People who have lost their parents as children and have spent hard lives working in poverty just to survive, and they still thank God. That’s when I realized that the kingdom of God isn’t about having stuff or having the life that we want. If these people can be thankful, isn’t it possible that we can too? I know I’m putting my faith in God. And since I have, I have peace and hope again. Has my life gotten better in any tangible way? Not really, worse if anything. But I’m ok with that now. None of those things can touch me now. I’m not here to say “hey look at me” or to point fingers or to lecture anyone. But when I read this conversation, I didn’t feel right leaving without sharing the story about how I stopped hating God.

The bible says that someday we will be freed from all evil.
Hope things get better for you in the meantime.

September 20, 2010 at 4:11 pm
(27) Moriah says:

Hey you guys. I was reading all this until I finally came to Alex’s comment. I’m totally with him on this one. I was always the one who everybody saw and went, “Oh, she’s the pastor’s kid, the one so in love with God.” But this spring, things happened, and I turned my back on all of it. I’ve been there. I’ve been in the place where I thought God hated me and that He was ignoring me. I wanted to die. So I pretty much said, “Fine, God, if you don’t want me, I don’t want you either.” and I walked away from my faith. And all the crap that I had been going through up until that point tripled. It was hell. I was furious, I was confused, and I felt like all the stuff I’d done for God up until that point had been wasted and worthless. Everyone kept saying, “oh, just keep your chin up, it’ll get better. It always does.” That just made it worse. People really tend to underestimate the hurt emotions that come up when stuff like this happens. It’s not enough to keep your chin up. So I just slipped deeper and deeper. Finally, I was talking to one of my friends about all of it, and he was telling me about the part in the Bible where everyone is leaving Jesus when things get rough, and He looks at his disciples and basically says “what are you going to leave too?”. Well, Peter says, “Where else are we going to go? You’re the only one who has the words of life.”

September 20, 2010 at 4:11 pm
(28) Moriah says:

That hit me. Things are going to happen. Bad things. Evil things that the Devil tries to steal our heats with. But Jesus is there. I know it as real as anything. I made my choice. I chose to hold onto Jesus even when it’s hard. And trust me, things didn’t get easier. My favorite aunt, a role model for me, died before she turned fifty. My close friend became depressed and suicidal. Another friend told be she had been cutting. But guess what? I have hope. I have God. I have people around me who remind me of that every day. And I have a story of how God brought peace and healing back into my life. I am sixteen years old, and I’m not afraid of the future. I am there for my friends to remind them of God’s love and to pull them through. God is working through me to love the people he loves, and He’ll work through you too. It’s okay to be angry with God, to ask why, and to doubt. But come back around. Don’t stay angry forever. Let God use you to do beautiful things in the world around you. I’ll be praying for you guys!!

September 22, 2010 at 3:38 pm
(29) Mark says:

I’ve read everyone of these stories. I gotta say some are heart warming and ofcourse typical. I used to attend church every sunday and wendsday. I honestly think what kept me in christian belief was FEAR….Yep!! that right folks fear of Hell. I was more focused on doing the right thing because i didn’t want to burn in lava pit forever. Kinda strikes me as childish. You know they got the concept of Hell from the trash pits the burned bodies in sometime around 600BC. It smelled horrible and looked scary!!…I’ve been up to the alter saving myself about a billion times asking for forgiveness and giving my heart and soul to Jesus. Everytime i went to church i saw people pass out in the holy spirit…I saw them crying…holding there arms in the air…I wanted to feel that…I prayed that i could feel the warmth of christ…Ofcourse not being a faker who speaks in tounge…I didn’t feel a thing. it felt fake…Yea!! maybe its greener on the other side for some christians. Yea!! everyone goes through trials!!..Have you ever thought of the concept of this Carnival we call life. Its starts with dark..then there light!!..hahaha…You don’t can;t undertand the hatred i have for any supreme being or GOD that i have. I honestly emphathize with Lucifer. Hey if your assistant manager…Whats the next promotional level…Manager…Hey thats all he wanted!!…Think about it!!…

September 22, 2010 at 3:40 pm
(30) Mark says:

God is all knowing the alpha the omega right!!!??..Then where does freewill fit in?…WHy would he let a soul be born he know is going to defy him and go to hell…So many things that incriminate itself in the BIBLE!! Thats the book for me. I’ve questioned Preists…Pastors..Rabbi’s…Still all they have is Blind Faith..Which ofcourse is something that you just have to beleive in..(Hysteria) of the human mind to make themselves feel Special and safe. Yea!! i do hope there is a after life…yea it would be nice to see my dead mom and my dead father again!!…And No!! I’m not bitter about that!!..Everything happens for a reason right!!..WRONG!!..If my soul can be saved then everyone on the planet can be saved..Except the chinese right!!…because they beleive in buddah!!..so that means there going to hell right!!!RIGHT!!…I donlt want to believe in a So called Christ God that says if you worship anyone except Jesus…Bring out the steaks because your having grilled steak in hell..Yea!! I’ve felt joy in my life..I’m 30 years old..not young enought be nieve anymore..Alot of brainwashed people on this planet…Scared and full of fear…Selfishness…and hatred…Sounds more like Satans kinda party doesn’t it…Anyways..I dare someone to explain how this works..My mom would be dissapointed in me right now..She was a good christian woman…and the closest thing to feeling the holy spirit i’ve ever been around..I fear no more…Because it just so happens our human brains are big enough to creat thought patterns and memory and deciet…lies and fairy tale stories like the bible…Cracks me up listening to so called christian believers justify and literally bring to life something they have enver seen…i;ve never witnessed a miracle..I just dontl beleive anymore..It is almost freeing…or maybe its the DEVIL right…So what do you think…give me some feedback people…Mark

October 7, 2010 at 10:15 am
(31) Mark russell says:

I want to say to all of you that have posted and all that will post that that the Grace of God is bigger than you can comprehend. Grace is unearned favor and forgiveness. All your sins have been forgiven even the ones you haven’t commited yet. This is spoken of in Hebrews in the 8th 9th and 10th chapter. ALL sins. Right now some of you have left the faith. But inspite of that fact Christ the Shepherd of the sheep is seeking out all his prodigals all the wandering sheep. He knows and understands ALL your history, all the reasons you left, all the scars and dissapointments of this life, all your confused and ignorant thinking that led you to where you are now and he pities and loves you with all his might. In matthew it says he blesses even the evil and unthankful. How much more his wandering kids? All your anger is forgiven and He has said Isaiah 54:9 that he will no longer be angry with you because of what Christ has done. His wrath and anger have been satisfied. I am praying for you and others as well. Christ will be pursuing you in your daily life because of those prayers and because He loves you with love that you can’t now comprehend but one day you will. Some of your hope has been deferred and proverbs says hope deferred makes the heart sick. Your hearts have been sick with anger from hope lost. He is the God of all hope who will restore you and your hope. Let Him draw you back with His love. Don’t resist it. Even if you do resist, this pursuing love won’t stop. I have my own anger and dissapointment. But my wife started singing a negro spiritual that the slaves used to sing in the fields. The slaves believe God gave them songs for encouragement. I have found my own spiritual to sing through these times of despair and have found strength and hope. Papa loves you sweet dear angry children very much. In all your fitfulness and rage you are perfectly loved and forgiven.

October 10, 2010 at 5:33 am
(32) Jake says:

Honestly, and unjudging….
After reading the various comments of people, and their troubles, and blessings; let me just say…We go through trials, so us omniscienceless people can take a thought, and see, through the mire of life: That we still love the Almighty God. I know life can be extremely barring at times. I have a girlfriend that I believe is cheating on me; though I have no absolute proof, just the attitude changes, short words, gone a lot.
It has indeed effected the way I act and think. Every single day is waking up to another Hellish point; where my thoughts never dim on thinking on the subject of her. I was once trapped in a rut, and prayed and beseeched God, and He faithfully answered my prayers, and here and now I am still in His Word.
Am I angry with God? I hope not. I complain to my Father: but I do not think anger is the best word to fit the fray. Just always remember, there is someone – somewhere, out there, having it a billion times more harder than you can imagine. True indeed that the mind can only handle soo much, whether one is from a wealthy nation, or a poor nation: Whether one has suffered turmoil in the loss of parents, or loved ones. Mind is easily broken with enough pressures.
But what one must do is continously be in the Lord’s Word; that they might be strengthened to a degree to handle these situations. Which to be honest: I am not handling mine all too well. Just a lot of stress: But I bare my sins. There have been times I fasted and prayed desperately for the Lord to make my PATH STRAIGHT, and though I believe He has….I still suffer the intense thoughts that I am just plainly screwed…

October 10, 2010 at 5:35 am
(33) Jake says:

Alas, I care for the girl more than my ownself. But if she is doing this evil to me I entrust enough that the Lord will judge and avenge me of her. However, I still feel terrible, every single day. She is on my mind; one day it will disappear, but the good memories will bring it back. Yet at such a time: I hope the Lord is with me.
The Lord is not some mean guy, stooping down so low as the devil. Certainly He knows all of our hearts – but do we? Comfort thyself, knowing that He does know us better than we know ourselves. The lessons He gives is usually for our own good. Somethings may take ten, or more years to resolve. Some may never resolve.
But where in the Bible did one ever read of Promises of absolute good? This comes from one source, and He is there. I tell you, I am in pain constantly…Call it not being a man, but a man is not a man by age or other virtues. Rather a man is one of emotion: and closely seeks the Lord.
There is countless hours I am soo plagued I wish I could fade away. In truth, this doubt becomes my very sin. I bare my sins I mind you all. But one thing is for sure; He will be there when I learn the lesson. Besides the world is increasing in wickedness as it draws near the soon-to-come end. My life has not been too good to me; but on the sametoken there are some good moments. Maybe not for all:
but so what? From the time the first sin came into the world, and threw us into chaos, so did all this and more happen to people from the ages. This is hypocritical of me…Cause of my own problems at hand, even now. But the truth is I love the Lord God with all my heart and soul; there maybe moments I complain, there might be moments of anger, and deep sorrow. As I question Him why is He not doing anything for me, when I am His son by Christ…When some lost person does me wrong and strings me along, but I take it like a fool..

October 10, 2010 at 5:36 am
(34) Jake says:

Then I realize that He is longsuffering…And holds back on His anger in hopes that the person themselves will turn from their evil ways; He has delight in the wicked turning to righteousness, that they may live; but on the sametoken He has great fury with those who turn from righteous: that their righteousness may no longer be remembered.
Churches…Christians, all these nowadays are in the final period, where nothing will go right…Arguably the weakest mindset of christians in the world are nowadays. It is prophecy. Although, to get back on subject…I feel all I said in the previous paragraph:
I also feel that due to Christ entering/dying God’s longsuffering has even increased more and more. So He will put up with the lost and evil more so. Why do we take the punishment awfully fast? In the book of Ezekiel, God tells the man in linen to go and slaughter those that do not have His mark in their head:

October 10, 2010 at 5:36 am
(35) Jake says:

He tells the man also, “and Start at My house first.” Remember, God often times will punish His own faster than those that are not His own…Like any good Father. It does however, not mean that God will not avenge His own…Just in His own time. I believe my lover, who is cheating on me, I believe…Will reap what she sows, and have a terrible life. Not because I am vindictive…But because she brings it upon herself, by messing with God’s own.
Even if she has the whole world: but loses her only soul, so what of it? She spends forever in Hell…If she repents, and still gains the world, so what? I gained a sister in Christ, but that also means the Lord will still deal with her. Forgiveness, and repentence is often used interchangeably. But are two different things, but go hand and hand. Maybe you prayed for forgiveness, but weren’t repented? Therefore, still under sin, He doesn’t hear.

October 10, 2010 at 5:37 am
(36) Jake says:

Forgiveness is the act of admitting your sins to God, and stating you won’t do them anymore. Repentence is actually following through with what you said, thus showing you really desired forgiveness, and are therefore forgiven. Just like believing in God, yet not knowing God. Even the devils knew there was a God. They of course, weren’t saved. You have to have both: belief, and knowing. You believe there is a God, because you never seen Him, but only hear/read of Him or feel His effects on your life; but to know Him, in a loving way, you only get that through His Word.
Basically what I am saying is: Remember, we all, no matter how strong a christian(look at Peter, who was an apostle, who denied christ, sat with the jewish people over the gentiles, etc), face a rough time…For a very long time. Most christians fail the tests we are given, 99.9% of the time…It is hard. I have failed many and continue to fail. One day I have faith I will pass and be blessed. All suffer: and there are a lot worse than I out there and yourself.

October 12, 2010 at 1:51 pm
(37) Crystal says:

I disagree too. It is okay to be angry with God it is what you do with that anger that can be a sin. If you turn to Him and pray you are doing the right thing as David did. He was the “man after God’s own heart”. If you question Him as Job did or run from Him as Jonah did, then you are not handling it right and God may need to reprimand you a bit.
I am mad at God. I need to tell Him. That way he can reveal his love and grace to me and put my heart right. He can remind me that in His infinite wisdom He is not toying with me but rather waiting for the right time to bless me.
I am glad God is a real Father who allows us to come to Him and say “Hey, I am mad at you. You hurt my feelings!” And then he says “Come here!” and holds us tight in His arms of mercy!

November 10, 2010 at 8:50 am
(38) zubair says:

god is good all the time .god never let me.suffer god tym is not our tym.i love u jesus.

December 5, 2010 at 11:52 am
(39) dwellceller says:

I just discovered this page

I recommend 2 very good books that show us it is alright to be angry at God. These are fantastic!

1. May I Hate God? – http://www.amazon.com/May-Hate-God-Pierre-Wolff/dp/0809121808/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1291567826&sr=1-1

and

2. Sit Down God, I’m Angry – http://www.amazon.com/Sit-Down-God-Im-Angry-Smith/dp/0817012583/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1291567876&sr=1-1

December 8, 2010 at 10:31 am
(40) AC says:

I too have felt the pain of lifelong trails and paying for the sins of others. I’m going through a divorce with a woman I married with I was 19. I was sexually taken advantage off when I was in middle school by the Baptist Preacher’s son (something that has impacted my life with my wife). With my wife you ask? Yes, after reading a Christian book that said I should have no secrets hidden from my spouse, I told her about the preacher’s son. Now we’re getting a divorce but not after several more years of catching her in lies, watching her become attracted to other men, watching her service other men. I love my kids dearly and they are the only thing that keeps me going. I can remember burdening myself with other’s “sins” since I became a Christian at only 5 years old. I’ve lost a job I really wanted, and have a job that pays more but seems less rewarding. I’ve lost the ability to see my kids except on weekends. I’ve lost my wife of 18 years. I’ve lost the ability to live in my house that I still pay for, I’ve lost my ability to sing (used to be a song leader in church), I’ve lost my ability to concentrate on work, I’ve lost my ability to see the good in others (always suspicious as to the end game).I have NO church friends, NO “man of God” calls to chat with me, check on me, and counsel with me. The only time they ever wanted to talk with me while, not sitting in a Sunday school class, is when they needed volunteers.
I just don’t have enough space to put in everything that I’m pissed about. I read Isaiah 43 and God says bring it to me and we’ll debate it…well there is it God. It’s all yours. I’m willing to die to get it over, but I’m not giving him, Satan, or my wife the pleasure of taking my own life so the three of you will just have to continue to conspire against me and find a way to kill me yourself.

December 23, 2010 at 6:33 pm
(41) Magdelana says:

Someone wrote that we should be thankful for trials and tribulations. Uh, NO THANKS. I hate them. Call me wimpy or whatever, but I despise trials and tribulations – especially the kind that nearly paralyze me emotionally, physically, and spiritually. I can hardly pray to God – or even want to pray – because of them. Why even bother praying now? I’m nearly to the point of agnosticism.

December 28, 2010 at 7:37 am
(42) Belinda says:

I have read everyone’s posts, and I agree with what you all had to say. I’m ready to be kick out of my apartment in 3 days I will have to walk away without packing anything because I can’t afford to get any storage. Had to resign my job the week of Thanksgiving. Behind in every bill I have,including my car and am very angry with God. But you know, I’ve had a strange sense of peace at times and other times I wanted to punch God in the face. I too want to walk away from God. He had plenty of time to change my situation around and He hasn’t done it. But Moriah’s comment about what Peter said to Jesus about where are we to go,you have the words of life. It hit me that I really don’t know how to live in this world by myself without having someone who knows what’s TRULY going on. So I feel like I’m in a catch 22. I have felt some sense of camaraderie with all of you in reading the posts. I don’t have any answers but the comments made here has given me some sense of peace that I’m not alone.

January 29, 2011 at 11:12 pm
(43) cj1223 says:

i planned my suicide tonight.. down to the last detail. actually, spent all day (as well as the last few) thinking abut it and explaining to God all of my reasons. some times i would yell at him and actually tell him to F” himself. yep… sure did. i reviewed my life for him and reminded him of every moment of dispair and pain and questioned him on why he didnt help me. before you judge, please note that i am not talking about cheating spouses, although that always hurts like hell, or loosing your home, ive slept on park benches during the winter and that sucks to, or even being molested by a priest, my step dad started me off at 6, my grandfather had me at about 10, my brother at 8, and my cousin had his turn at 9… thats just the beginning, (lets not forget that all my maternal motherly figures called me a liar when i told on them so after a while you just stop telling) where was i? oh yeah… so what am i pissed about? so yeah, He watched me get pistol whipped within inches of my life, literally, broken nose and fractured skull, at 17, by my lovely boyfriend who whored me out as a stripper and then got pissed cuz men were looking at me… right, or how about the time i had a newborn baby and a two year old and my mom got drunk and kicked me out with no where to go ( park bench not conduscive for good nights sleep) so and yeah, no knight in shining armor when i found out my fiance (of 6 years) had been frequenting the services of the local prositiutes, and im no prude ..really?, thanks for the gift that keeps on giving babe!,

January 29, 2011 at 11:12 pm
(44) cj1223 says:

or how about when i was 13 and at my friend’s house and her dad got drunk and her mom left so he sticks a gun to my head and tells me to get in the sack with him or hes guna blow my head off so i get in the bed and his son comes home and, oh yeah look at the whore!, so i try to run and when i do all i hear is bang bang bang as i jump out the window (second story), or oh… your guna love this one… ok so i bust my ass working as a stripper to support my kids, no welfare here!, and struggle to get my ged and 10 years of college so i can earn a BA… so yeah enters mr. wonderful who i marry and he sucks my bank account dry… theres much more but i think you get the hint right? earhthly dad? never met him until i was 16 then he came to live with me for the last 6 months of his life. joy… ok so all that is said and done… i beg for God to save my shattered marriage cuz that is so precious to him and so now im divorced. ok… so then i meet the most absolutely perfect man (after 3 years of celibacy) and of course he is married… really? so why i am so frikn sick and tired praying for grace, mercy, understanding, deliverance? its kinda hard to believe that there is someone up there who has your back when your constantly pulling knives out of it doncha think? sorry big guy but i think i held on for quite a while and pretty much took all there was to take. there was more but i think you ge the idea…so yeah am i pissed at God… you betcha!

February 26, 2011 at 7:51 am
(45) i am not bad says:

since i was young i have this love for my family especially with my parents. Its like i will die for them. i have 3 brothers and they are all married im a only daughter. Were not a so well off family. My father had resigned from his work. My mother is just a plain house wife. Since everyone got married i started to feel whos going to support my parents. Until i got a job and i met a old man 40 yrs older than me. He helped me and hes nice. And bcoz i have a good heart i want to pay back all his kindness by marrying him. I married the old man that was not in my plan, i mean who will ever marry a 40 yrs gap with your age? i thought i can learn to love him but im wrong. I support all the needs at home its okay but what i dont like is when im not appreciated. im trying to give them a bright future but i cant make them so rich and i think my parents got worst from simple people they become boastful. They do not respect me and they always hide things from me.. I got so depressed about the life that i choose for them. I even hate myself for giving up my own happiness for them thinking it will be the best for them which turn so dissapointed. i feel jealous to other people who is not so good and doesnt have tye same sacrifices that i did but they are so happy gettin matried with the one they love and they have a loving parents. I ask god why me why is this happening. Why my parents doesnt appreciates me… Why they cant just behave and act and live simple. And to think i give them monthly allowance i always hear from them they dont have money anymore instead of were ok dont bother we still have money.

February 26, 2011 at 7:59 am
(46) I am not bad says:

My parents used to help other people which i dont like i didnt choose this life to sacrifice this big for other people. Why they can pitty others when they cant do it to me.. They abused me and makes me feel miserable. Im trying to be a good person but i dont think i cant.. I dont know why god gave me this kind of situation and im the same like most problematic people ask why he chooses me to suffer like this when i have such a big heart for my family…im so confused and i think im going to be sick with depression…

March 4, 2011 at 1:33 am
(47) jane bronce says:

just like job says…shall we receive good at the hand of God and shall we not receive evil?…

we must not regret or think that we are the most hopeless or poorest people in this world…remember we are citizens of heaven and not in this world..we must not focus our whole life or our dreams in this world …

remember we christians must be the light of this world… we must never forget “WE LIVE BY FAITH AND NOT BY SIGHT”…
so whatever happens we ought to trust God! bec. in him nothing is impossible…!! :)

ONWARD CHRISTIAN SOLDIERS!

March 4, 2011 at 1:35 am
(48) mary jane bronce says:

ONWARD CHRISTIAN SOLDIERS!

March 4, 2011 at 1:45 am
(49) jane bronce says:

we must not question God always.
we must examine ourselves whether we are worthy to be blessed by God….blessings are not only material things ….we must desire more about spiritual blessings..

Salvation or being free from God’s wrath is such a very great and wonderful blessing to us Christians…we are so unworthy to be called a child of God….God always want the best for us…the problem is we underestimate God’s strength we never trust him completely…we doubt much to him…we never let him to prove that he can do all things for us..

we must trust him with all our heart no matter what happen…

remember that GOD IS GREATER THAN OUR GREATEST PROBLEM!….

March 4, 2011 at 1:48 am
(50) jane bronce says:

God is greater than our greatest problem…

we ought to trust in him…
He wants all the best for us but the problem is we underestimate his power…we often doubt to his provision….

March 29, 2011 at 2:35 am
(51) jmswannabe says:

….way to go Jane…easy answers to hard questions…

March 29, 2011 at 2:51 am
(52) jmswannabe says:

1 chorinthians 10:13 says god will never allow anything that is not ordinary to tempt us and will always provide a way of escape. Well I was tempted with nothing out of the ordinary but for me there was no way of escape. And if God had of have protected me from my own weaknesses I wouldn;t be sitting here 10 years later with a destroyed family drowing my pain night after night with vodka and sleeping pills. God let me down, plain and simple according this verse. He knew the weakest chink in my armour and he allowed me to be tempted there anyway. He knew damn well that this temptation for me I could not overcome. I know I have a free will and I could have chosen a different path but it was too late. The temptation was there and I could never be strong enough to let it go. And if God knew me…he knew that. I wonder why he lied to me? I wonder why he didn;t protect me from myself? From my weakest point?. I always wonder as I livein the halls of guilt and painf form the past at the people I betrayed and the people I hurt. The people that I loved the most. The people I least wanted to hurt in this life. One day I will ask him why…for now I can only feel betrayed and angry. My life would never have been this way if he had only kept his word to me…

April 9, 2011 at 11:15 pm
(53) Christina says:

It is not good to be angry with God because he died on the cross for us and he is there when we need conforting so really it’s not okay to be angry with God and blame him for things that are happening in this world, we cannot hide from him or try to shove him off because he is always there, I love God he is great

April 17, 2011 at 11:15 pm
(54) Aartisans says:

Hi All, I am typing this in a hurry, so please excuse any spelling errors.

I too have been angry with God today, but like with any relationship where 2 people love each other, I don’t need to stay angry with the one I love, which is God. Love is a 2 way stream, not one way. We can’t expect to receive love only and not give it. We vcan’t expect to be forgiven for our own mistakes, and yet not be willing to forgive others. What about our own mistakes? None of us is perfect? We may have done good things, but we have ALL made mistakes. But we want to be forgiven for our own mistakes, so why can’t we forgive God? We want to be appreciated for the things that we do right, so why can’t we appreciate God for all the things that are right in our lives, instead of focusing on the negatives like our problems? No matter how bad things may have got, I am still here, I am still breathing, I am still conscious, and so are you. Anything can happen tommorrow. How do we know that God isn’t going to bless us tommorrow? We each have to be the Love that we want to receive. If we want love, we need to be loving people to those around us, and we can’t be loving when we are consumed with hate and anger towards God.

Regards
Aartisans.

April 17, 2011 at 11:16 pm
(55) Aartisans says:

Best to get into prayer and communication with God. Tell him all of our feelings honestly, whether good or bad, angry or sad. Complain if necessary like David did. Open the bible and read those psalms aloud to God, and then give God a chance to respond. Don’t judge God before giving him the opportunity to respond positively. Getting angry at God isn’t wrong, but staying angry and unforgiving, endlessly is wrong in my view.

And why is noone mentioning or getting angry at the Devil here? Its the devil that is tormenting us, so its the Devil who should be taking the anger, not God, because all suffering and pain is of the Devil. So if you are going to get angry, then do it at Satan rather than God. Without Satan, this world would be a paradise, and there would be no sin or suffering. Let’s not forget who brought sin and suffering into the world. It was Satan, and he is still at it today, until Christ returns to stop Satan completely. In the meantime we must remain faithful to our Father God. God loves each and every one of us, but Satan hates us. So get angry at Satan if you must, but Love God. While Satan curses you, God is the only one who can really bless you.

Now I pray….Please Forgive us Father, Please Heal us, Please strengthen and protect us against Satan’s influence. Help us to experience your peace, your blessings, and your abundant Grace. Amen!

Regards
Aartisans

July 11, 2011 at 12:20 am
(56) Joaquin says:

lala, seeker,mark,pat, raida, i too am dealing with the same problem. i feel hurt by God, betrayed, and i am quite sick of Him. IV HAD IT UP TO HERE with Him on some things, and wonder if hes even with me. i struggle with personal sins, grudges, and i wish i had what other ppl have. i feel defeated.
But reading these messages from youll have remined me that if it was easy to be Christian, there would be know Jesus i trust you. Yes it seems unfair that others can dance in his blessings while some are destroyed in Christ, but what happend to ill Praise You in this Storm. havnt you ever thought about all you went through..everything..and came out stronger? i believe God loves each and everyone of us equally and challenges us in diff ways. When faced with adversity, unfairness, and lets face it crap, we as believers need to get through it, perservere, and though we can be angry with God, trust that hes with everystep of the way. when you pray, pray believeing that he can save you from whatever situation your in, even if you doubt him a lil, tell him. tell him how you feel. i came to this forum hoping for an answer from God after long times of regret and anger, and hes answered.

September 22, 2011 at 4:51 pm
(57) fran says:

you have a choice ,to believe, or not to believe, we may not know his way and why things happen, but there is a creator, this world did not just happen on its own. We will never know who he really is until we meet him face to face, for some it will be beautiful, for the unbeliever not so nice. We don’t know why things happen here on this earth. But I can tell you this GOD is definetly real, and what he says goes whether we like it or not. The question is are you going to follow him and except things that happen in our lives, or are you going to follow your own beliefs and lose eternity with GOD, everyone has a sad story in this life, yes even the ones that are blessed with a good life.All our questions will be answerd when we meet him face to face, and believe it will happen.

November 29, 2011 at 2:28 am
(58) Ray says:

The Lord Gives, the Lord Takes Away … and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord” (Job 1:21).

Remember God does not owe us anything. Everything we possess on earth (i.e. our physical body, our intelligence, our companions, money, jobs, houses, etc…) belong to HIM. We get to enjoy these things because of HIS Grace.

From suffering comes spiritual growth. Pain can enhance our kinship with and empathy for others. Suffering also teaches us to lean on God. God permits suffering for our own good.

Those who use God as a scapegoat and not accept the responsibilities of making their own stupid decisions in the past will continue to live in hell.

And finally, those who are spiritually lazy will not share His Glory in heaven.

March 5, 2012 at 11:09 pm
(59) Bill Wynne says:

The Bible itself says, “Be angry and sin not.” Any normal healthy relationship will have misunderstandings and why would our relationship with Jesus be any different? As a matter of fact, anger and working through situations with a person is one of the most responsible and mature things we can do. How many relationships do you know of where people no longer talk? Even in family circles…sad.

Now there was a key point in my third to last sentence, “working through situations…” This means that you are not just steaming over something and are angry with God and no longer want to be with Him. When I am angry with Him (and at the end of the day being angry with Him is fruitless but we are human) I need to follow Is 1:18 “Come now let us reason together saith the Lord”

This is an invitation to come close to Him and express yourself and allow Him to reveal things to your mind and help you make sense of particular situations in your life and allow His healing balm to wash over you.

Frustration is a normal part of any relationship but how we react to it is another thing. One story I can think of where there was unresolved anger was the Prodigal Son’s brother. He was angry with his father and it probably festered in him and took away his peace.

It is important that we deal with our emotions right away and reach out to someone for help if necessary. If you don’t make things right with God you can drift from Him almost imperceptibly and in time end up wondering how you got so far from Him. This is not Him avoiding you or pushing you away but you strayed and He is waiting to embrace you and heal you.

I know we will not take this dysfunctional relationship with us to Beulah Land but until then we learn and grow.

March 25, 2012 at 1:59 am
(60) Brinda says:

With regards to my marriage, Jesus lied to me by giving me a FALSE prophecy through a stupid man of God. God says that he never lies but if you read Ezekiel 14:9 – he does lies!

May 4, 2012 at 4:33 pm
(61) Ivor says:

Yes some Christians seem to get all the blessings and most of them are usually the one’s who tell the less blessed Christians going through a hard time that god is testing them.
I am fed up being tested by God and i don’t really see much point in praying to him anymore as i feel he never hears me.I have tried so hard over the past seven years to live a life as God requires but things have recently went pear shaped-lost my job,Son does not speak to me,not allowed to see my first grandchild,Daughter shows me no respect.I have left my Church as i do not see the point in sitting there worshipping a God that seems to single me out for testing,while other one’s that need a bit of discipline have no worries at all apart from gossiping about me.

May 12, 2012 at 12:09 pm
(62) Magdalen says:

I kind of understand how God feels every night when He receives our bitter complaints. We give God a migraine. The economic crisis has destroyed so many families and good people. God and Iare very close, too close for comfort really. For His Own comfort I mean, because He made me one nasty piece of work… When I die I will probably give Him a huge black eye too. Another way to hurt God, if the above is doctrinally and biblically impossible, since he is bigger than our troubles, is to change sides and try my best to do my worst and hurt intentionally whatever is closer and dearest to God’s heart. His darlings! I already feel empowered in the thought of being selfish and cruelly unkind. Because I get a glimpse of how it feels to be like God: that is to hurt people for their own long-term good, which they are to reap the benefits of after they are long dead. I do not believe in good works and in recompense doctrines, so I have never expected to get a full refund for my good deeds. I do not do good but for its own sake, as when I was an Atheist.
Someone in the blog said that “either the pastor/teachers lied or there is something not being said about this religion and faith matter.” Truer words have never been spoken. There is something else in Christianity and we have missed entirely the point. This is because most of us are very stupid and tutor good people with God-given good brains to ditch them in order to accept all crap so as to rescue and accommodate our idea of Christ’s peace in the worst possible world. Call it Blind Faith if you like, Trust and Obedience as well. Sorry, I am not a sheep I am an active human being and I always found the Good Shepherd Parable distasteful. It does not make me feel any better to place my Trust in Him. Who is He anyway?Nowhere else to go? Let’s explore then!A piece of Human curiosity!

June 4, 2012 at 6:15 am
(63) Randy Skretvedt says:

God had no reason whatsoever to reprimand Job, and Job had every right to be angry with God. This is one reason of many why I have lost my faith with the biblical God. I do believe there is a Creator out there, who is a loving force, but….is it the God of the Old Testament? Sorry. No.

June 7, 2012 at 1:40 am
(64) D.D says:

I don’t know what to do. I was a pastor, i loved God so much, then all the bad come.. i lost my father who died right in front of me then four mouths later my little girl got hit and killed by a car.. and then i lost everthing i owed… so tell me, what did i do wrong? I lived for GOD everything i did i did for him and i still lost out… why ? Yet my sining sister’s get everthing they want or need… Me nothing I seem to just get the PAIN ! And belivie me i got pain.. So tell me God, what did i do so wrong? I look forword to hairing from you.

June 8, 2012 at 1:14 pm
(65) Just me says:

God is so full of himself. His way, his will, his commandments, his time. It makes me sick.

June 8, 2012 at 1:16 pm
(66) Me says:

If you are free in him, why is there so many do’s and dont’s, that’s not free, I wish the world could just realise that.

June 29, 2012 at 1:34 am
(67) Boba says:

My father used to get very close to beating me when I was growing up. when he got angry he just blew a gasket and went overboard. When I was 11 my mother got cancer and for 3 years I watched her go from a lovely, strong, intelligent woman to a withered vegetable and she died when I was 14. At this point my fathers antics got worse toward me. I have 3 siblings and out of the 4 of us I’m the only one who developed alcoholism, which took me 8 long years to beat. out of the 4 of us I was the only non honors graduate out of high school. My college scholarship was taken from me because it was meant for someone else so I never completed college cause I couldn’t afford it. Everything I’ve done to improve my life has been ripped away from me when I try to grab onto it. all my siblings are married and happy, but I am single lonely and now my job has been taken from me for something I didn’t do but got blamed for. oh the abuse my father used to give me ended when I was 21 because I finally pinned him against a wall and showed him exactly what he taught me, it’s very sad that it had to be stopped in that way, and proceeded to beat him down. So trial after trial after trial in my life. Do I feel blessed? NO do I feel loved? NO I’ve screamed for him for so long and been ignored. I have no hope for my future. I have no desire to want to try to improve myself anymore if my when I reach my goals it will be ripped from me yet again. Yes I do believe in God and believe Jesus died for our sins but I also believe they do play favorites and I am not one of them cause it has been proven many times over for me. I am hurt, bitter, angry, and disgusted. However I have decided to press on because I will not be a failure in this life, but I honestly don’t think I will be blessed or helped at all either. I will end with I do believe in God but I don’t think he believes in me or cares to.

October 10, 2012 at 9:09 am
(68) claire says:

I am angry with god not for myself but for the all the starving , scared , abused children in the world . Children are innocent so why does god let them suffer ? Why don’t god protect them ? Breaks my heart to think if he is an all powerful god why don’t he use his power to help them ? . I only started going to church just over a year ago and so am new to believing in god but people in church keep saying he is amazing and how much they love him i find it very hard to understand why they don’t seem to care that god seems to ignore the suffering .

December 2, 2012 at 6:27 am
(69) mike says:

I am pissed at God right now . I ask every day for help and get none. I pray every day all day and my prayers seem to be not answered. I am losing my faith . I wish I cold think and feel differently but I can’t seem to wrap my head around this concept of God and being alive and perceiving things as they really are,. I don’t know maybe I am just lost and depression has taken the better of me

December 10, 2012 at 8:01 am
(70) Tanya says:

I am ANGRY with God and I am not going to hide it anymore. The story goes God gave his son – I believed and I tried to live a good life and be a helpful and caring person – but then God took my baby son and I don’t buy the platitues from loved ones “hes in a better place”, “hes with God” – he gave his son away voluntarily yet he took mine. Someone once said God gave us free will – well my free will wouldnt have been to have my son taken so thats a lot of bull. I have felt so guilty for being angry but Im never going to work past my anger if I hide it. God chooses who he wants to bless and prosper – not everyone will get these blessings – for most of us, we will live out our lives trying but never living up to his expectations so we will never get blessed. I’m not one of God’s chosen and I have accepted that. I dont live in hope and dreams that this will change, because I know it wont – in my heart I know the reality of not being a favoured person.

January 9, 2013 at 2:55 am
(71) Ocean says:

I’m saddened to see so much pain & anger here. Although I can’t address each individual’s unique situation, I’d first like to say, ‘I’m so sorry for the suffering you’re going through.”
I’d like to preface the following comments with just a brief note to try to show that I’m not saying these things lightly. I’ve endured 20 years of chronic illness, and many other painful issues, including losing a baby through miscarriage- to the point where many of my friends (and several Drs.) have referred to me as a modern day ‘Job’…
So, please hear me when I say that regardless of our circumstances God DOES love us- even when we ‘feel’ under disfavour (yes, been there, too…) Prov 3:12, Heb 12:7, James 1:12, Rom 5:3-5, John 15:9-17 (He loves us so much that He gave the ultimate sacrifice- His life- in our stead). 1 Pet 3:18. As a further thought- if you feel that you may be deserving of God’s disfavour, it would be a wise thing to ask God to examine you- Ps 139:24, and also examine yourself to see if you are walking in truth. (2 Cor 13:5). Yes, there are times when we are walking in God’s will and still have tribulation (look at Paul’s life, if you need examples!) but there are also many times when we bring suffering on ourselves by our choices.

cont’d…

January 9, 2013 at 2:58 am
(72) Ocean says:

cont’d from 2…
An aside, but one that is definitely connected to the questions that arise when one is suffering: I, too, struggled for quite some time with God’s obvious preoccupation with self-glorification. John Piper explained it in such a way that it finally makes sense to me:
In a Desiring God DVD I have of John Piper preaching, he states (this is paraphrased) that God is the purest, the holiest, the most righteous… therefore, if He chose to glorify something that was less pure, less holy, less righteous- that would in itself be wrong. For God to BE who He IS, He MUST glorify that which is most worthy of being glorified- that is, Himself!

Further, he says in an essay online:
“This is not megalomania because, unlike our self-exaltation, God’s self-exaltation draws attention to what gives greatest and longest joy, namely, himself. When we exalt ourselves, we lure people away from the one thing that can satisfy their souls—the infinite beauty of God. When God exalts himself, he manifests the one thing that can satisfy our souls, namely, God. Therefore, God is the one being in the universe for whom self-exaltation is the most loving act, since love labors and suffers to enthrall us with what is infinitely and eternally satisfying, namely, God. Therefore, when God exalts God and commands us to join him, he is pursuing our highest, deepest, longest happiness. This is love, not megalomania.” (By John Piper. ©2012 Desiring God Foundation. Website: desiringGod.org)

cont’d…

January 9, 2013 at 3:05 am
(73) Ocean says:

cont’d
I posted another post between (71) and (72) but it hasn’t shown up. I’ll post it again after this one.

Here is another resource I ran across- it says much of what I would like to say, but better ;)

Hope these thoughts help you. “Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”

With love & prayer,

January 9, 2013 at 3:09 am
(74) Ocean says:

cont’d from 1 … I posted another comment between (71) & (72) but it didn’t show up. I’ll repost it here:

We also need to realize that the reason we need Jesus is NOT because He’s promising a fantastic, pain free life- in fact, he promises the opposite…John 16:33, 2 Tim 2:3, 3:1-4, 3:13. BUT because without Him we are dead. He is the only way to be saved from our sins & hell. Rom 3:23, Rom 6:23. So people who decide to ‘try’ Jesus because they think that He’s their ticket to a cozy life soon become disillusioned when their life doesn’t turn out rosy. More on that here: youtube.com/watch?v=qEUPcK6hi4s
and
youtube.com/watch?v=rncnhmzfpwo&list=PL520D064D2FAF9668&index=1
(that is part 1 of 5- please listen to all of them)

A resource that has helped me during this time is:
‘Shattered Dreams’ by Larry Crabb

January 9, 2013 at 8:36 pm
(75) Nailah says:

Well Im 20 years old and I recent got sick and i have been for about three months and i have to take a semester off from college, This may seem like a dissapointment but I know there are harder things to endure. i got mad at god today. I cried and cried and asked him why is this happening to me. No one seems to be there. Then i got on this site and saw all these people going through so much and I realize that things could be alot worse. yes im in physical discomfort but i have hope that things will get better. My life has not been an easy ride at all and i look at this as a setback. We dont know why these things happen and we feel angry when we see people who just waste thier life away get everything they want yes its annoying but you cant lose faith. If you dont have faith you are bitter, angry , sad all the time and thats miserable and i cant feel like that everyday and if i do cry i will read my bible or pray because thats all i can do and believe that things will get better.
Be blessed!!

February 18, 2013 at 11:22 pm
(76) tishuna:-) says:

I believe that bad things happen to everyone and to blame it on God is everyone’s first instinct of course cause he rules everything but afterwards we usually get over our selves and say sorry or whatever but we aren’t perfect so you shouldn’t feel guilty about it :) its just life

February 24, 2013 at 3:06 am
(77) Marc . S says:

I cried reading alot of these comments and passages. In more so knowing im not the only one whos angry with God. Is it ok to say God has his favorites. As I go on through out my day seeing and hearing of blessings that comes to people who doesn’t acknowledge the blesdings that has become on to them. The thing is I know God and ive been a witeness of miracles and have had prayers answered in a instant, but these past few years ive felt dealth would be greater than to live on this Earth( no suicidal thoughts because im to good for hell and you are too) .

February 24, 2013 at 3:09 am
(78) Marc . S says:

If only I could believe he could do that for me. Im not only angry with God im angry with my self, beacuse I fill im losing faith as days go on. Im so angry withGod I talk to him every morning letting God know I dont want to see another day. Its the worse feeling in the world when u feel like ur parent doesnt love, care or want you any more ( this is coming from a man wjo was in the foster/ group home system 15 yrs of his kife til I was 18) I just hope if any one out there is going through something and really needs God ge answers you so u dont feel like me. A waste of air. I will take charge of my life and expect no great things to happen beacuse there wilk not be great things in my life. I am only a spec. And I pray no one else is one cause a believer should always be blessed. I pray those who wrote before me I pray for those who writtes after me I pray for those who hasnt stumbled acros this discussion page and are looking for answers. If I could I would die for those who needs God and hasnt/ wanst able to find him in the time of need that he may listen to your prayers. Even if God felt it wasnt in his will to do what you ask just to really know he cares and hears you would be enoigh ( a touch, a sighn, a counter blessing) as I end this passage and try to remember why there would be any reason to even care bout my trials and tribulations. I ask you to not be like me and dont give up. I know God is real I know what he can do. Its just me thats not worthy of any of it. I end this with no more anger but with sadness…

February 24, 2013 at 3:13 am
(79) Marc . S says:

God even cates. I acknowledge the things you do for me and praise you, but it seems like I cant ever get a break. Im not going to spill my life story but the storms been going on my whole life from birth ( my twin and I being born with crack in our system) to the hardest years of my 25yrs of life ( losing my foster mom, losibg my job, apt gf, friends and on) and I still had the faith to tell some one tgat God was good and he would prevail in any challange in thier life. If only I could believe he could do that for me. Im not only angry with God im angry with my self, beacuse I fill im losing faith as days go on. Im so angry withGod I talk to him every morning letting God know I dont want to see another day. Its the worse feeling in the world when u feel like ur parent doesnt love, care or want you any more ( this is coming from a man wjo was in the foster/ group home system 15 yrs of his kife til I was 18) I just hope if any one out there is going through something and really needs God ge answers you so u dont feel like me. A waste of air. I will take charge of my life and expect no great things to happen beacuse there wilk not be great things in my life. I am only a spec. And I pray no one else is one cause a believer should always be blessed. I pray those who wrote before me I pray for those who writtes after me I pray for those who hasnt stumbled acros this discussion page and are looking for answers.

March 7, 2013 at 7:08 am
(80) Toni says:

I just wanted to say that our anger cannot be justified. God did not cause the crisis, we did. Have you not realised that God from times of the bible punishes those who deviate from his will. We live worse than those people of Sodom and Gomorrah and we expect god to hear us. Another thing we all do even me, is blame god for our problems. God never promise us that life will be a bed of roses. Jesus himself said in this world you will have tribulation but be of good cheer i have overcome the world. My interpretation is this world we will have problems but have some hope cause problems won”t last always.!!!!!!!!

March 10, 2013 at 1:17 am
(81) Anon says:

I’ve been pretty mad at God the past couple days so I googled it and found this thread. Thank you Jesus. I felt better because I’m not the only one who feels this way and there was some great wisdom here. I also realize what I’m doing wrong. I hope you can all see it too. God is good and he’s with us. Thank you and Glory Be to God. Pray with Action people. Pray with Action.

March 31, 2013 at 2:31 pm
(82) Kate says:

This song always helps me when I go through hard times….

March 31, 2013 at 2:42 pm
(83) kate says:

what an amazing song by kerrie roberts

I’m runnin’ back to Your promises one more time
Lord, that’s all I can hold onto
I’ve got to say this has taken my by surprise
But nothing surprises You

Before a heartache can ever touch my life
It has to go through Your hands
And even though I keep askin’ why
I keep askin’ why

No matter what, I’m gonna love You
No matter what, I’m gonna need You
I know that You can find a way to keep me from the pain
But if not, if not, I’ll trust You

No matter what
No matter what

When I’m stuck in this nothingness by myself
I’m just sitting in silence
There’s no way I can make it without Your help
I won’t even try it

I know You have Your reasons for everything
So I will keep believin’
Whatever I might be feelin’, that You are my hope
[. From: http://www.elyrics.net .]
And You’ll be my strength

No matter what, I’m gonna love You
No matter what, I’m gonna need You
I know that You can find a way to keep me from the pain
But if not, if not, I’ll trust You

No matter what
No matter what

Anything I don’t have, You can give it to me
But it’s okay if You don’t
I’m not here for those things the touch of Your love
Is enough on its own

But no matter what, I still love you
And I’m gonna need you

No matter what, I’m gonna love You
No matter what, I’m gonna need You
I know that You can find a way to keep me from the pain
But if not, if not, I’ll trust You

I know that You can find a way to keep me from the pain
But if not, if not, I’ll trust You

No matter what
No matter what

May 19, 2013 at 2:50 am
(84) Harrison says:

I too, have been, and do get mad at God, but the more i live out each day, i began to see his purpose and whys in my life. I found out that after my being patient, waiting moments he had better things for my life. And greater people. Prayers answered.

August 8, 2013 at 12:06 pm
(85) Todd says:

Married and then divorced with a little girl involved most of us know the story. I used to think I had tremendous faith only to find out I was kidding myself. Long story short my ex wife who claims to be a follower of God is so hell bent on hurting me that she uses our daughter to the point of rediculous. Know let’s set my feelings aside, what about her? She is absolutely innocent in all this yet is continuously allowed to be hurt by her mother! I have prayed till I’m blue in the face and prayed with her and ten years later….NOTHING! What about her? Where is her Grace and favor? If he is the father and this is killling me as her daddy then how much more should it pain him?Every tear she sheds strips away what ever faith I had.

August 19, 2013 at 9:42 pm
(86) Tom says:

I have to agree with ths author. In fact, this article touched me so and made me cry. Yes, I had a terrible setback in which I lost a good paying job after a serious illness. To make matters worse, I had a long commute to work each day which made me angry. While that long commute is now over, the price that I am paying is sorrow and pain for a long long time. Even though, I may seem at times angry with the Lord, I have to think very hard that sometimes tragedies happen for a reason. G=d closes one door and opens another. Unfortunately, I am still trying to find the door with riches and prestige. Still have not found it. There must be a reason. Someday when I leave this earth, maybe I will find out why me?

November 11, 2013 at 11:01 am
(87) H.Michelson says:

The God I serve is loving, kind, slow to anger, full of compassion and mercy, longsuffering, full of graced and hundreds of other wonderful attributes. The difference is really knowing His heart, thoughts and ways. The bible says Moses was acquainted with His ways but the children of Israel His deeds. Our hearts can be far from Him. He wants to reveal His fullness to us. We will find Him when we seek for Him with all our heart. Many people have things working for them not because of God’s blessings, they may just be born into a wealthy family or have manipulated their way around and gained unjustly. God is not a meanie with a big stick waiting for us to mess up. He doesn’t punish us, He is for us and not against us. People have misrepresented Him, even Christian leaders and that is sad but they don’t really understand Him. Ask Him to show you His love and will and give you insight and understanding. He loves questions and will always answer the sincere hearts cry!

February 5, 2014 at 4:45 pm
(88) Anthony says:

I have been a Christian for many years, and in the early days I used to love God. I used to go with my Dad to prayer meetings, etc. I met a lot of very good Christians who were far closer to God than I was, having been Christians for many more years than me. I came to believe that Jesus died on the cross for my sins because he loved me and wanted me to go to Heaven.
But I had problems, and I was hoping God would help me. There were sins in my life I just couldn’t stop and I continually asked God to help me, getting prayer from other Christians many times, but still nothing changed. Still today I have the same problems. Trouble is, God has chosen to punish me in various ways over the years, and to separate himself from me instead of helping me. His behaviour has been disgraceful at times. I am very angry with him because it is his fault that I cannot stop my sinfulness. I know sin comes from the devil, but if God won’t answer prayer, what do I do next?
I don’t want to be separated from God, but I don’t know how I can re-form my relationship with him now. I still pray every day, and I still feel under his control, but my time with him now is miserable. There is no love on either side anymore and I often feel I’m wasting my time bothering.
God took away many of my friends years ago as well. He made changes to my life to suit himself and they definitely didn’t suit me. I let him know in no uncertain terms how I felt, but he didn’t listen, because he never does. He just does what he likes and expects us to follow. Trouble is, if you don’t, you’ll end up losing your salvation as well. So it’s either live miserably now, or burn in hell forever. Take your pick.

February 27, 2014 at 1:02 am
(89) SabrinaH says:

Ive been a christian all my life and, just like a lot of you, i am now wondering whether i should keep on following him. Throughout my high school years he has let me down countless times when i pray to him every night, asking for a change. He let tragedies happen to me and it feels absolutely devastating when youre knocked down every single time you try to get up. I am so tired of believing, and what i used to do seems so naive to me now. i just cant keep up anymore.

March 18, 2014 at 3:16 pm
(90) una says:

Just like many of u… I am also finding myself so angry hurt and confused at my Almighty Saviour… the bible says tht God gives us free will to choose, it says that God’s plan for our lives is to give us a prosperous future. I am 28 years old and divorced because my loving ex husband decided to cheat and lie. I stayed with this liar and cheater but he made my life along with our 2 kids under the age of 5 a living hell….. so my question is.. God if you knw my future why wud u allow marriage to happen… I prayed and asked u before I got married if this is in ur will for me… all the signs were good…where did I misread it… I never cheated or lied to get my way… why me? Im so angry not because of my ex for moving on… but because I wasted so much on him and God knew this was gonna happen… where is my happiness if it wasn’t for my kids…. id be gone. .. nothing to live for besides them.

March 24, 2014 at 3:20 pm
(91) blackstar says:

God loves everybody just trust him if your whole life is miserable and stay a believer you get something amazing…TO GO TO HEAVEN!!!
PS remember everything is gods will it is not about you so believe
in him or you will go to hell.